EDF Climate Corps (www.edfclimatecorps.org) is Environmental Defense Fund’s innovative summer fellowship program that embeds trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to accelerate and advance climate solutions. Since the program’s launch in 2008, EDF Climate Corps fellows have uncovered over $1.5 billion dollars in energy savings for participating organizations. Now with a network of over 1,500 professionals, EDF Climate Corps seeks to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon energy system by inspiring and empowering leaders.
The Program Specialist plays a key role in the success of new initiatives that enable professionals to expand their knowledge on energy and sustainability issues and obtain the skills needed to contribute to climate solutions. Working closely with the Manager, EDF Climate Corps, the Program Specialist will develop and implement new EDF Climate Corps online trainings and professional development offerings, as well as participate in key fellowship processes and directly engage with organizations by managing a portfolio of host organization relationships.
- Manage the development and execution of a publicly available online energy efficiency training program including, but not limited to the following activities:
- Evaluate the results of the fall 2017 pilot and incorporate recommendations into future course offerings;
- Create a strategy and project plan for future courses with input from key stakeholders;
- For new courses, identify learning objectives and outcomes for participants;
- Design RFPs and oversee consultant contracts for curriculum and course development;
- Using online learning software, make changes or edits to courses as necessary to ensure learning objectives;
- Coordinate with Marcomm or external consultants as necessary on design;
- Coordinate with key departments at EDF on deploying courses on the learning platform;
- Leverage key external partnerships to contribute to the growth of the training initiative;
- Develop an outreach strategy to engage new and diverse audiences and grow the learning community;
- Track, analyze and monitor progress and results.
- Develop a robust set of professional development online and in-person offerings for EDF Climate Corps alumni, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Research topic areas that would be relevant and helpful to developing the careers of EDF Climate Corps alumni and others in the EDF Climate Corps network;
- Develop a series of professional development offerings, connecting with partners on development of the offerings or overseeing consultants to develop training materials;
- Coordinate with EDF Climate Corps team and other key stakeholders on deploying the offerings;
- Track, analyze and monitor satisfaction and results, making changes as necessary.
- Oversee about 15 key relationships with companies and public sector organizations, develop scope of work for EDF Climate Corps engagements, oversee summer fellowships and ensure successful completion of fellowship deliverables;
- Deepen relationships with hosts companies throughout the year through effective relationship management.
- Participate in key fellowship processes including host recruiting, fellow recruiting, implementation check-ins, surveys and after-action reviews.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize multiple projects;
- A strong attention to detail;
- Knowledge of building energy efficiency and corporate environmental sustainability;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex topics to broad audiences in a way that promotes learning and understanding;
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience both in person and virtually;
- Willingness to travel (10% of the time);
Desired qualifications include:
- 3 or more years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree, or an advanced degree with 1 year or more of professional experience;
- Experience with teaching, training, or course development;
- A utility player who can be flexible with changing job responsibilities, adjust or pivot as necessary to challenges, and is willing learn new skills if necessary; and
- Experience working with Articulate Storyline or other online course development software.
This position will be located in Boston, MA, Washington, DC, or New York, NY