This is a newly created position designed to lead the Applications and Infrastructure teams to implement and shape the DevOps processes and practices, driving internal and external transformations to keep our team “ahead of the curve”. The Senior Director IT, Systems Architecture will lead a team of technical resources and will be responsible for building, implementing and directing automated cloud and development/operations principles as well as maintaining the quality of implementation and solution recommendations. This role ensures that the necessary guidance, processes and resources are in place to drive successful business outcomes.
The successful candidate will have a passion for monitoring, automation and optimization of global IT applications and infrastructure landscaping. The candidate should have strong business analysis skills and an aptitude for understanding/improving business processes using technology. This position will ensure that IT services are working seamlessly according to established service level agreements. He/she will be accountable for managing teams, allocating and monitoring work assignments and training/coaching staff. This position will report to the VP of Enterprise Software Solutions.
- Lead and direct multiple projects with a clear focus on technology landscapes as they relate to cloud and automation efforts.
- Establish and lead the service delivery culture for our growing cloud business, building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team.
- Provide production support excellence to deploy the highest quality projects, maximize uptime and focus on flawless customer experience. Responsible for maintaining a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operational risks, and operational issues.
- Evaluate the scope and complexity of IT projects and programs, implementing plans to achieve key outcomes.
- Responsible for the Engineering Operations, including software and tools needed by the Engineering organization to deliver high quality software solutions.
- Make recommendations to senior-level management on procedures to improve and streamline processes and establish best practices.
- Provide complex technical IT support to identify project risks and mitigation strategies. Communicate project status, risks, and issues to stakeholders.
- Incident Management including triaging, logging, prioritizing, tracking, communicating and resolution of all incoming support requests. Lead problem analysis and root cause analysis on key issues.
- Identify opportunities for automation and optimization and build into the deployment cycle to improve quality, productivity and efficiency
- Collaborate with corresponding cross functional teams for issues/requests requiring code changes or support.
- Build and maintain a knowledge base for easy future reference.
- Manage global applications and implement new technologies to support business processes, including the introduction of a new global ERP.
- Bachelors / Advanced degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering.
- 12+ years’ experience in software development, product development, infrastructure management, and/or advanced analytics.
- 7+ years of leading IT teams (software and infrastructure) and balancing competing priorities.
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of ERP and / or CRM and other enterprise wide business process automation systems. Implementation or working experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Familiarity / Experience with Cloud technologies and solutions such as AWS, Azure.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems Management (Windows, Linux), Server Management, Telecom and Networking
- Strong project management background including a detailed understanding of data analysis and manipulation to make decisions.
- Must be willing to wear many hats including Development, Solution Architecture, Project Planning and Resource Allocation in collaboration with the PMO.
- Adept at influencing others and driving change. Capable of partnering with the organization to deliver change management and project prioritization.
- Experience working with Global markets (Internationalization/Localization, LatAM/APAC/EMEA)
- Experience delivering software or online solutions in global enterprise environments.
- Experience leading and effectively managing a complex, reliable and scalable platform.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Proven experience managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills and the ability to earn trust at all levels.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Experience working in the non-profit industry is a plus.
- Experience with service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience using tools to capture user stories, test cases, sign-offs, etc.
- Experience or use of PMP/Lean