With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF has grown significantly over the past five years, leading us to a transition point for internal communications. With more staff working in more locations around the world, we need more focus on maintaining our organizational alignment, connection and culture. The Senior Manager will be at the center of that effort, working closely with senior leaders and staff across the organization.
Current communication channels include an intranet, Slack, quarterly vcons and an annual staff retreat. The Senior Manager will guide a major upgrade to the intranet, and will explore adding other channels as resources allow.
The Senior Manager works from our New York office, reports to the AVP of Digital Products and Strategy and manages one direct report, a Content Editor.
· Build strong partnerships with the Chief of Staff, Chief Administrative Officer, SVP/MarComm and key personnel in HR and IT, to ensure smooth coordination and clear prioritization of leadership messages and initiatives.
· Support key organizational initiatives by creating and executing multi-channel internal communications plans. Initiatives will include everything from major environmental news to roll-outs of new systems to staff.
· Develop a strategy for how the various internal communications channels work in concert to support our goals, and identify and pursue opportunities to improve and add platforms as appropriate.
· Engage all employees in EDF's values and culture by overseeing a multi-channel content and marketing strategy. This includes managing the content programming committee for the annual all-staff retreat, chaired by the SVP/MarComm.
· Foster productive connections between employees outside of their usual circles, through content development and community management across all internal communications channels.
· Cultivate relationships throughout the organization, in order to uncover communications needs, and be able to elevate concerns and sentiment to leadership as appropriate.
· Measure the impact of internal communications and use the insights to improve effectiveness.
· Promote trust in EDF's internal communications by ensuring that all information on internal channels is correct, up-to-date and follows EDF brand guidelines.
· 5+ years of relevant communications experience, focused on creating and executing strategic communication plans and content strategies.
· Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, formal and informal, including excellent listening skills and sensitivity to how people with different perspectives may interpret one's communications.
· Experience conducting internal communications and community management, preferably in a diverse, multi-regional organization.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders, and to build rapport with employees at all levels of an organization, from senior executives to entry-level staff.
· Experience managing an employee or guiding the work of others.
· Experience working in a cross-functional organization.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.